3.18-What delights God in business people?

3.18-
On about June 15, 1970 I went to work for NCR, National Cash Register, (now ATT). I was selling and installing what is now called a POS, device, (point of sale). Young people have not heard these instruments called Cash Registers for some time.\

I needed a station wagon to haul these machines. I was shopping for a cheap car and good deal. In Beaumont Texas, I saw a Yellow 1965 Ford Country Squire station wagon. The salesman told me that a car dealer from Louisiana was coming over to get it wholesale late Saturday evening for $1,500, I think. “You had better get it now or it will be picked up tonight by him.

I resisted. My gut told me this was wrong. On Monday I called him to see if it was still there. He said, “It’s here. The dealer didn’t pick it up.”

I should have known I was dealing with a dishonest dealer and walked away, but foolishly I bought it. Two months later I was sorry. I went back to teaching school and didn’t need it. The car was a lemon.
I took it back hoping to get $1,000. The salesman I bought it from said, “That car is not even worth $500 he said. What you don’t understand Mr. Wishard is that we buy wholesale and sell at retail. You just learned a hard lesson.”

People who are trying to deceive us will use chaos, disorder and distraction to fool us into not making good decisions. They press us for time. We have to decide quickly and right now or this deal will be lost. We think of them as dishonest salesmen, snake oil salesmen, watch the shiny object while I pick your pocket type of people.

All these kind of activities are counting on disorder to accomplish their will instead of God’s will.
As Jesus followers we fail in speaking truth. We need grace and mercy. God's mercy motivates us to be upfront. We tell the truth. We don’t shade the truth. We tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth all the time. This is our goal and when we fail we must seek forgiveness. This habit builds order in our lives. We can face the real situation we are in and give it a truthful name and then work for order.

Proverbs 11:1
A false balance is an abomination to the Lord, But a just weight is His delight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see