2.10-What use are grandmothers?

2.10-

In Zimbabwe, a country of 16.5 million people, have only twelve trained psychiatrists. Dr. Dixon Chibanda has been on a mission to improve the depression in the country. One of his young patients didn't have $15 to travel to see him. She hanged herself. After research he discovered the greatest resource they had in the country was grandmothers. They built friendship benches where grandmothers were trained in role playing, problem solving and behavior activation. Their sessions take place outside on wooden benches. (Time, 2.18-25,2019, P.30) 

My grandmothers trained me to optimistic on a front porch swing. They can kindle in our hearts and spirit of power, love and discipline to overcome our timidity.

2 Timothy1.
5 [e]For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of [f]timidity, but of power and love and [g]discipline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see