5.25-Human beings are not simply creatures of instinct.

5.25-


Human beings are not simply creatures of instinct. They have been given by their creator the ability to make free will choices.

I don’t like where my mind drifted in the last 24 hours.
The designer of the universe has given me freedom to start over today to have a completely new mindset.

I have the ability to not lose focus during the storms of my life.
I can pray a blessing for my enemies who seem busy trying to destroy what I am trying to build.
I now choose to see tests as opportunities for new growth.
I want and will develop a noble and good heart intentionally.

Being in the third month of seeing no one and touching no one except my wife is a completely new experience for me. (Believe me I am thankful for her.) Rather that let my mind be drawn into one bad news story after another on the television I will turn the television off.

I will choose what I want to look at and hear. I will see the cardinal on my roof. I will really look at the shocking beauty of his feathers. That butterfly on my backyard bush will be seen. I will think on its move from a caterpillar into something totally different.

I will think about the best most noble hearted people I have known. They lived their life and finished strong. What was important to them? What was unimportant?
The silence will open my ears to memories. My friend who I have known for about fifteen years. The first five he was not totally engaged with his wife and kids, then one day he decided to become a different kind of man.

He was forty, but he completely changed his focus. He became a totally engaged husband and father and grandfather and his life and the lives around him have never been the same. The last ten years he has given himself to help make the world a better place. My world is better because I know him and I am thinking of the power of the choice he made one day. He declared he would develop a noble and good heart rather than drift through life by instincts.

As I drive to get our lunch I am noticing the horse and the sheep eating near the corner of the barn. I think of the famous set of words I have heard and sung so many times.
The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want.

I can start my life over today. I can decide what kind of day I will have today. I can be a container of clay or wood or gold based on the thoughts I choose.

Wow! What power the designer of the Milky Way Galaxy has given to me.

Larry Wishard
5.22.20

Luke 8.
When a large crowd was coming together, and those from the various cities were journeying to Him, He spoke by way of a parable: “The sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some fell beside the road, and it was trampled under foot and the birds of the [a]air ate it up. Other seed fell on rocky soil, and as soon as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. Other seed fell among the thorns; and the thorns grew up with it and choked it out. Other seed fell into the good soil, and grew up, and produced a crop a hundred times as great.” As He said these things, He would call out, “He who has ears to hear, [b]let him hear.”
His disciples began questioning Him as to what this parable meant. 10 And He said, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, so that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.
11 “Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God. 12 Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; [c]they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 The seed which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with [d]perseverance.

2 Timothy 2.
14 Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers. 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 16 But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for [e]it will lead to further ungodliness, 17 and their [f]talk will spread like [g]gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness.”
20 Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. 21 Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 23 But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce [h]quarrels. 24 The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive [i]by him to do his will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see