6.5- Forgive to be Forgiven

6.5-
Forgive to be Forgiven Colossians 3:13 Steve Blount

Have you ever hurt someone or done something to a friend and then felt really, really bad about it? Have you gone to that person and asked their forgiveness, only to have them shun you or maybe give you the silent treatment? Can you imagine for a moment how hopeless we would feel if God forgave us the way we forgive others? What if God gave us the silent treatment? What if He shunned us and turned away when we approached Him? What if, when with penitent hearts, we asked God’s forgiveness and He said:

“I’ll forgive you; but first, I want to drag this thing out just a little, you know what I mean. ‘Payback!’ I want to make sure you and everyone else see how much what you did has hurt me. Then, in time, maybe I’ll forgive you.”

Our transgressions hurt our heavenly Father. Yet, He stands “ready to forgive” us. Forgiveness is something we must do, as much, and maybe even more for ourselves than for those who may offend us. Forgiveness is about restoring relationships. When we are forgiven by the Father, our relationship with Him is restored. Ask Him to make you willing to be forgiven and to forgive. Get back together. He is willing.

“Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have
against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” Colossians 3:13 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see