5.13-It doesn't matter what country you are from..

It doesn't matter what country you are from, humans should be treated humanely. Without regard for race, color, religion or faith, sex, birth, wealth or any other similar criteria. Borders make no difference in this regard.   

Certain acts are prohibited at any time, at any place.  The Genva Conventions Article 3 recognizes this in international law. No murder, no mutilation, no cruel treatment. and no torture.  These are recognized as indispensable to civilized people. 

I watched a policeman kneel on a man's neck until he choked to death. This year I watched on television as some of my fellow citizens tried to storm the Capital and a policeman was killed.  Zones of my country have been blocked off and no police and firemen allowed. What are we becoming?

Once Jesus was asked by a rich leader what he must do to receive eternal life. Jesus said that he must obey God's commands. The rich leader asked which ones?

Jesus said, "No murder, no adultery, no stealing, no false testimony, honor your father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself."

The leader replied, "All these I have kept."

Jesus said, "If you want to be perfect, then go sell your possessions and give them to the poor."

When the leader heard Jesus' reply, he walked away because he had great wealth.

The disciples asked Jesus how any rich people could be saved to live eternal life with God.  

Jesus said "With men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 

I observe the war and division in the Middle East that has been going on for 3,000 years.  I ask God for an answer.

All I get is an old rugged cross.

How can we feel nothing for little children being shot and killed on our streets?  I ask, "Where is God?"

The only answer I have is that our Father in heaven is where He was when Jesus cried out, "My God, my God, why have your forsaken me." 

Sweet Hour of Prayer has been my earworm today as I meditated on how uncaring humans can be to each other and how unlimited is God's Amazing Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see