4.22- I have been guilty of theft.

 4.22-

I have been guilty of theft. I remember as a teenager that I shoplifted some Fritos. My dad found out about it and demanded that I admit my wrong and take the money back to the store owner, Billy Hill. This theft made my dad angry. Billy Hill had trusted us as a family with the freedom to get groceries and pay him later. We could "sign the ticket". We could delay payment until our fall crops came in.
This was to my dad a total violation of the trust built into the business relationship he had with Billy Hill. "Billy Hill bought these corn chips from the Frito man and this is his living." This little theft led to pain to the heart of my dad, and although this was not the punishment this time, there was often the pain to my rear end.
I watched a trial of a shoplifter a few years later. He could have gone to jail, but mercy walked in. The youth admitted he was guilty, was very sorry and had already paid restitution to the store. The judge identified with the youth and said, “I understand what you did because I did this myself once. I will pardon your jail sentence. Learn from this and never do this again."
On a hill far away was an old rugged cross. Jesus identifies with all of us who have done things wrong. We were brought into the court of truth by our lives and then . . .
Mercy walked in and Jesus said to a thief who believed in the truth, "Today you will be with me in paradise." The crowd heard Him say,
"Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing."
I heard a lovely song by Gordon Mote this week.
I stood in the court room, the judge turned my way.
It looks like you're guilty, now what do you say?
I spoke up, Your Honor, "I have no defense."
But that's when mercy walked in.
[Chorus]
Mercy walked in and pleaded my case
Called to the stand God's saving grace
The blood was presented that covered my sin
Forgiven when mercy walked in.
Praise the lord
I stood there and wondered how could this be
That someone so guilty had just been set free.
My chains were broken, I felt born again
The moment that mercy walked in.
Ooohhh
[Chorus]
The blood was presented that covered my sin. Forgiven when mercy walked in hmmmm

1 John 1.
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

1 John 2.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an [a]Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the [b]propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever follows His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says that he remains in Him ought, himself also, walk just as He walked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see