10.31- My friend had been through all kinds of pain. Early father abandonment. Divorce. Job failures.

 10.31-

My friend had been through all kinds of pain. Early father abandonment. Divorce. Job failures.
Then a bike accident that almost killed him. I saw him in the E.R. and I could hardly recognize him. Blood all over his face. He called his bike helmet a brain bucket.
After surgery they said he would live. A couple of weeks later I went to take him to the doctor wondering what his attitude would be.
He was happy and full of joy. He explained his favorite verse:
"I know the plans I have for you
Your welfare
Not calamity
To give you future and a hope
Then you will call upon me
Come to me
And pray
I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart.
Declares the Lord."
He explained to me, "This verse describes how my life is better after the bike accident. Now I'm wholehearted."

Jeremiah 29.
10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see