11.4- When you live in this world and have a caring and compassionate heart

 11.4-

When you live in this world and have a caring and compassionate heart there will be great joys and some heavy sorrows. Some people decide they don’t want to hurt so they shut their hearts. They become hard and calloused and unmoved by anything. That is to miss out on the very best things in life.
Compassion allows a person to connect with people experiencing deep hurt and relieve a little of their misery. When we hear that someone is going through something difficult there is something we can always do. We can pray. This changes our own heart and mind to at least appreciate our blessings and may open a door for us to help them with a phone call or a well thought out text or email or letter or card.
All of these help the situation on some level. Today I experienced this myself in a couple of my friends from different states called me and we were able to renew and deepen our friendship and refresh each other’s spirit.
There is no one who ever walked on this planet who had more compassion than that man who died saying, “Father forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing.” The movement forward is to a caring, open heart, not a hard heart.

Matthew 26

While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see