10.4- It is great thing that close family and friends stay with us through "thick and thin"

 10.4-

It is great thing that close family and friends stay with us through "thick and thin". There is a last mile of the way on the marathon of life where no one else can go with us except our Father in heaven.
He has revealed who He is so we can be calm and secure in that "alone". We, as His children, may feel alone, but we are not actually alone. Some hymn writers have picked up on this. We can grow in our knowledge of who He is by observing the design of the universe and learning about Him from those around who imitative His love daily. Look at the helpers in the hard times.
Oh, what love, matchless love,
Oh, what love for me was shown!
His forever I will be,
For the love He gave to me,
When He suffered all alone.
“Tarry here,” He told the three,
“Tarry here and watch for Me,”
But they heard no bitter moan;
For the three disciples slept
While my loving Savior wept
In Gethsemane, alone.
Long in anguish deep was He,
Weeping there for you and me,
For our sin to Him was known;
We should love Him evermore
For the anguish that He bore
In Gethsemane, alone.
Samuel E. Reed

John 16.

31 “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. 32 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

All reactions:
Tom Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see