3.10- Gethsemane days are days when followers are reminded

 3.10-

Gethsemane days are days when followers are reminded that God's plans for lives is not the same as ours. That phrase, "Your will be done, not ours but yours,"
About 50 years ago a close minister friend became ill. I prayed a thanked God for his effectiveness and asked the great healer for his healing. The healer did not heal him in the way I wanted and the timing I wanted.
There was a part of me that wanted to give up on the work of telling people the good news of God's love.
There was another part of me that reminded me that I must use this moment to deepen my resolve to stay focused on the words of that phrase. "Your will be done. Not my will but your will in this Gethsemane moment."

Luke 22
39 And He came out and went, as was His habit, to the Mount of Olives; and the disciples also followed Him. 40 Now when He arrived at the place, He said to them, “Pray that you do not come into temptation.” 41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 [[n]Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony, He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground]. 45 When He rose from prayer, He came to the disciples and found them sleeping from sorrow, 46 and He said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray that you do not come into temptation.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see