7.17-Jesus will not be overcome

7 .17-

My mother's diary has an entry, "we all went to Sunday school." 11.17.1946. I came across this diary entry and this picture of the church building where I attended for the first 19 years of my life.

You can see the modern transportation, in the foreground and the light pole in the back ground. On the porch a man whom I believe was my uncle, Ed Fink. He taught us about God's love in our teen class.

A great deal of mercy and grace was extended to me here though there was a push for all of us to be the kind of people who could be depended upon.

We played baseball behind the building in the cow pasture. We hunted for Easter Eggs in the cemetery across the road and celebrated the joy of being children of God.

This same congregation encouraged me in teaching and ministry and in 1993 sent me to Russia as soon as the iron curtain opened up.

The Oak Ridge church of Christ church for over 100 years as been trying to tell people locally and around the world of the love of God for all people.

About 2017 years ago Jesus said He would build His church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it. When people come up against Jesus there is no worry that Jesus will be overcome. Let us pray that we all keep our hope in God and not in the prideful men who believe they are wiser than God.

Matthew 16.
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are [j]the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon [k]Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 I also say to you that you are [l]Peter, and upon this [m]rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see