7.19-The life changing power of reading a chapter a day in the gospels

7.19
 Luke 1.
Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things [a]accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning [b]were eyewitnesses and [c]servants of the [d]word, it seemed fitting for me as well, having [e]investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been [f]taught.


Reading the gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John can truly make a big difference in a life.

I have been a reader for many years and my favorite book is the Bible.  The Bible is really 66 books written by God's inspiration using over 40 writers during 1500 years.

The importance of these four books is that they are an account of the life of Jesus on the earth.  His daily habits of life as well as His teachings.  Many of His values are the opposite of ours, but with practice we can improve our lives by walking with Him. 

If you will open up the gospels each day with the questions:
Where is Jesus going today?
What is He doing?
How can I do something similar today in my life to be a blessing to the people around me?

Larry Wishard
7.17.17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see