8.23-What are some of the purposes of marriage as followers of Jesus?

8.23-
What are some of the purposes of marriage as followers of Jesus?
Marriage and moves.

As Sheila and I approach our 50th Anniversary I am thinking of our first move into our tiny apartment.  I think we have had 13 moves in 50 years. 

I consider marriage to be the very deepest of friendship at best between two people on earth.  Jesus is the model of friendship with his brothers.  Ruth had a friendship with her mother in law, Naomi.

Ruth 1.
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.

Marriage friendship is training to be one of God's angels.  It is to set our hearts and train our hearts to look forward to heaven with Jesus our ultimate and forever friend.  It helps us to appreciate good pleasures and avoid self destructive pleasures.  If a couple is blessed it can produce offspring.  It is a great blessing when you fall down to have someone to help pick you up.  A great Christian marriage can prepare us to know Jesus intimately.  It prepares to to have experiences that make us feel we are fully alive.  

Larry Wishard
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see