2.9-What about those who are not against us?

2.9-







There are many reasons I love this picture.  Mom, Dad, Amy and myself and the Blue Chevy Cavalier in Estes Park Colorado.

One day as I was driving to my office one morning in the Cavalier I stopped at a red light approaching my office.  I was in the middle of the intersection on a green light and on the yellow I moved to clear the intersection, but a car came barreling through and hit me in the back-right quarter panel of this Cavalier.

I was fairly sure this was not my fault, but the officer gave me the ticket.  I had gotten the name and phone number of two different witnesses who said it was not my fault.

I decided to not pay the ticket and go to court and jury trial.  I had several hopes.  One was that the officer would not show up.  Two was that my subpoena server, a friend, would successfully get my witnesses available.  Three was that I would represent myself and win the case.  Why would I take a chance on all this when so many things could go wrong and the ticket would be only $200?  I thought I was right.

I made some mistakes.  I was not as smart as I thought and didn’t know what I was doing.  The policeman did show up and one of the two witnesses did show up.  All of a sudden the trial was going forward with me as my own attorney in traffic court.  Oh no!

The city attorney who was my opponent could see I was nervous.  He calmed me and said the main things is to pick the jurors you like and get rid of those that would lean against you.  That is the key thing. 

Then I asked a few questions of the jury and got six jurors.  The judge set up the situation to have the witnesses interviewed by us.  I went through it.  The jury was out a short while.  When they came back due to the opposing attorney helping me and the good jurors I won the case.  The city attorney was shocked and so was I.

How?
Mark 9.
40 For he who is not against us is [x]for us.

Larry Wishard
2.6.18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see