6.4- Taking the credit. Taking the blame.

 6.4-

Taking the credit. Taking the blame.
In a Manhattan church where they focus on outreach to non believers, the minister noticed a lady slipping in unnoticed just after the service began. She was dressed up like an executive. She would slip out just before service ended but one day the minister wanted meet her and he succeeded. He asked her how she had to this church.
"I'm not a Christian and I don't really understand much of what's going on here. I am an executive with a major media company. I made a big mistake at work that should have gotten me fired. When the matter came before the board my boss told them it was his fault for his lack of training and supervision. Because of his credibility and integrity he was not fired because the social capital he had with them.
I went into his office to thank him for taking this blame. He said forget it because it was nothing. Later i brought it up a couple of times and he did the same. I peristed with my inquiry. 'Why did you take the blame. I've had many bosses take the credit for my successes but never the blame'.
Finally he said, " I don't talk about this during work but I'm a Christian and Jesus took the blame for all my failures on the cross. I love to do the same for others when I can. He invited me to come visit his church and that is why I'm here."

1 Peter 3.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see