8.5- When my daughter got into the banking industry

 8.5-

When my daughter got into the banking industry and had to carefully balance her cash drawer every day I should have had an understanding that she was very accurate with the details about money.
After a few years in the banking industry she moved on to be a an accounting assistant with a major media company in downtown Denver in then Atlanta. I still wondered about the connection between her perfectly ordered shoe closet and her ability to properly organized balance sheets.
Then she went on to get her accounting degree and persisted in developing her career while raising her sons and volunteering at the school athletic program at Wheeler High School.
She worked most effectively with specialty resturant companies who served customers looking for a good time in a good atmosphere with fun and fine food. That fun part is Amy's strong suit. She can make any gathering more festive and fun.
Yesterday she reached a goal that she had been working on for about twenty years in the accounting field. She was appointed Controller of her company. Wow!
I wish I could claim some credit for teaching her to organize things and make everything balance. Anyone who knows me know I never taught her how to be organized. I think her mother helped her to organize things but the credit for this big succcess goes to her and we are proud of her for this new appointment. Way to go Amy.
No photo description available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.12- The teacher and his group.

6.10- The Power of Keeping a Confidence

4.2- The right kind of freedom versus the wrong kind of freedom.