8.7- Humans get older yet think of themselves as "young".

 8.7-

Humans get older yet think of themselves as "young". I was listening to a man in his 60's saying he kept thinking of himself as "one of the young guys" at work.
A man described his encounter with his own mirror. "Who is that old guy?"
I used to enjoy my dad or three older siblings doing the hardest things. Now It's me. I must be strong and wise and patient.
When I feel weak, which is often I can cry out for help and it comes I so many ways. A lady saw me looking at the milk cooler from my mobility scooter. She said, "Can I help you?"
I said,"Yes. I never turn down help nowadays. You have helped me by being genuinely available. I want to reach it to push and stretch but your words did help me."
Another lady saw my "pink" shirt.
"I like your shirt."
"Thank you. My guy friends make fun of a guy in a pink shirt."
She said, "It's not pink. It's flamingo."
"Thanks"
Help comes sometimes with laughter which is the best medicene.

Titus 2.
Older men are to be [a]temperate, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, in [b]perseverance.
May be an image of 1 person, smiling and eyeglasses
All reactions:
Vickie Sanchez, Carol Wishard and 42 others
Like
Comment
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.12- The teacher and his group.

6.10- The Power of Keeping a Confidence

4.2- The right kind of freedom versus the wrong kind of freedom.