6.7-What are you known for?

6.7-
Five years ago our beloved church family gave us a send off party for our memories of 33 years together and at the center meal was a whole baked pig. I think that sign was reasonable for me. I loved to build friendship over food and drink.

I don't know what I was known for exactly. I wish that Sheila and I would be known for this when the Lord looks at our marriage. I hope Jesus can say to Father about us, "Yes they struggle with worry and holding on to things, but they are growing in patience and kindness.
They are pushing each other to be less arrogant and rude. Compared to last year they are less irritable and resentful.

They are intentionally hanging out with people who rejoice in the truth. Father, we can stir them up this summer to be more hopeful and able to endure suffering and help others to grow stronger in love."

I hope the sign of our lives is love, not a pig.

By His grace and mercy we will try again this week. We are helped by all our family and friends.
If you want to give yourself a stirring up to love today read 1 Cor. 13

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; [b]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [c]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [d]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [e]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the [f]greatest of these is love.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see