3.22.20-Good things that happen in bad times.

3.22-13

I fell and broke my kneecap loose from my quad and my walking became slow and extremely painful on 3.22.13 until now.

I can still walk, but I must now walk slow with a cane. This is to explain that my “work” now is at a totally different speed that it was for most of my years.
I had to learn if I wanted to encourage people I might have to do it by electronic means rather than moving around quickly and physically.
I have extensively used
Email,
Facebook,
Instagram,
Twitter.
Lately, I have used Zoom, to meet with family and see that now it has a great function for our small groups.
Lately, I have also used group texting to communicate things that I believe are important for me to share.

Now there is something new and big going on in my country. The Corona Virus which has attacked and killed many in other countries has come to America.

The danger could be seen by many and so whole segments of society have been shut down in order to save lives.

Colleges, Schools, All professional sports, NBA, MLB, March Madness, The Masters,
Cities shut down except for essential services, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth,

Ordered to shelter in place except for essential services.
All workers to telecommute when possible.
It is expected this may last weeks or months.
This is the most drastic impact to America as a threat I have seen in my 73 years.
Today I was able to attend church electronically with all the major congregations that I have spent major time in that are still around.

In each of these worship services we were gathered in Jesus name. We sang hymns, we had prayer, we studied the Scripture, we had communion. This happened in 100,000s of churches who scattered to their homes for the protection and love of their country. In many cases there were people who were present and participating for the first time in months or years.

It is not unusual for God to overcome something bad with something good.

Good things that happen in bad times.
1. People serve their neighbors in unusual and inspirational ways.
2. People work hard to save lives instead of take them.
3. People learn that they are not in control.
4. People see beautiful courage on the part of the healers.
5. People lay down their lives for their fellowmen. Over and over.
6. People tune in to learn the truth and follow the best path for health.
7. People are saved.
8. People push others to do the right thing for the larger group.
9. People come to see their own weaknesses.
10. People rethink things and try again do better.
Larry Wishard
3.22.20

John 13.
Then He *poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. So He *came to Simon Peter. He *said to Him, “Lord, do You wash my feet?” Jesus answered and said to him, “What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter.” Peter *said to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.” Simon Peter *said to Him, “Lord, then wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head.” 10 Jesus *said to him, “He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.” 11 For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, “Not all of you are clean.”
12 So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord; and [b]you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. 18 I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’ 19 From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. 20 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see