4.13-When we have learned the discipline, then freedom can come to us

4.13-

My dad was a strong, ever present leader in my life until I was out of high school. He was always on my mind regarding my work, school and play habits.
Then about May 30, 1964 there was this major shift.
He moved out of my line of command to a line of counsel.
This shocked, surprised and scared me. High school graduation and all of a sudden what I did as far as school, work, college, which job I would do were not up to my dad, they were up to me. I felt freedom and at the same time a great deal of fear.
After this time dad was available to me for counsel and many times I wished I had asked.
Discipline. Boot camp.
There are times of intense learning under harsh circumstances. My brother spent six weeks in boot camp at the start of his military career. He explained to me that he had to learn an new way of thinking and acting.
If we decide to choose to follow Jesus as a disciple there will be some times of intense learning. We go through times of being weary and burdened and then we turn to move closer to Him and gives us a special kind of rest for our weary souls.
When we learn this discipline our life with Him becomes easier because of working with Him instead of resisting.
If and when we learn the lessons God is wanting us to learn then as our loving heavenly Father He can release us from the painful learning experience. The Psalmist wrote in Psalm 81.
“Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!
“I would quickly subdue their enemies
And turn My hand against their adversaries.
“Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.
“[i]But I would feed you with the [j]finest of the wheat,
And with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see