7.16- I thought I was dropping my wife off at an entrance to the Lowe’s

 7.16-

I thought I was dropping my wife off at an entrance to the Lowe’s store that was nearby the carts. It was odd because instead of being wide open and welcoming as the door normally was, it was full of merchandise and a path only two feet wide instead of twenty feet wide. I thought, “Wow, this must be a big sale or an abundance of wooden picnic tables they want to sell. I have never seen such over aggressive merchandising."
We had agreed that I would wait to hear from her on my phone if and when she had found an electric cart with battery power. As I was looking and waiting on this call I saw her walking away from the entrance down toward the garden shop. She went in there and never called me. I wandered what had happened so I called her. She answered with the information that that was not even an entrance where I had dropped her off.
I moved my car to go get some other things at another store and came back and waited for her near her the exit point.
When I came back I saw my mistake. In the entrance door there was a twenty foot wide welcoming opening. It said, “Entrance”.
She got in there and found everything she needed and more of course. She found the customers in the store very helpful to her. There was no staff available to help her because they were very busy and understaffed as most places are now.
As I sat and waited I saw a number of people of all sizes, shapes, ages, genders and colors and all were being very kind and patient with each other. They waved several cars to go ahead of them rather than be unfriendly and impatient. I watched a momma bird do a dive at someone who came near the tree where she was on guard.
It made me think of some of the most wonderful places on earth are places where the entrance doors are wide and open and welcoming to everyone who needs help of any kind. The workers are busy helping people and the other customers are friendly and courteous. The mommies are watching over their little ones with love, strength and courage. Schools. Hospitals. Churches.
Where I grew up near Ladonia Texas in Fannin county. It was also that way down at the F and M State bank of Ladonia, Robert Moore's Five and Dime, Union Produce, Fry's Dry Goods, Fry's Drug Store, Thurman Young's Barber Shop, Billy Hill's Grocery store and Ruth Turman's Grocery store, Bill Wilson's service station and Bill Burns car and tractor repair. It was also true at the Bonham courthouse.
Finally, she found the location of the carts and found one and had good success with her shopping trip. I will be more careful in the future to drop off my wife at place of welcome and convenience. She tells me she goes there to "save us some money." It is usually not quite that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see