7.17.21 minus 53 years 7.17.67

7.17.67 plus 53 years.
7.17.21
I felt I had little to offer God except my fear of death which seemed to be overwhelming me as I approached a major change in my life. I was about to get married.
Tossed about with many problems in the world. The Viet Nam war was raging and I didn't want to go to that war or any war. I had one more year of college in order to finish and move to a teaching and coaching job hopefully.
Fighting within my own heart was a feeling of belief in God as the creator of the universe, but on the other hand I didn't want to turn my life over to Him for fear He would ruin every joyous activity with it being out of bounds for me as a serious follower of Jesus.
I didn't have any money and wanted to get a job that could make good money, yet I wanted a job that was fulfilling.
Barriers were up between me and people that were different from me. City people were not like farm people. Big town people didn't relate well to small town people. I had not traveled widely and came from a very limited background in some ways. Civil rights issues were raging with much racial unrest.
I was a "mess" a "pill" a "youngest child in the family that needed to grow up". I all seemed like a lump of clay that was fairly useless.
I went to a friend and explained to him my problems. He explained to me that God knew what a confused lot human beings were. He had seen this as early as the failure of Adam and Eve and carrying on to the current situation He was a God who was full of unfailing love and mercy. He would accept me just as I was if I would be honest and confess my need and give my life to His grace and mercy then peace and joy would be available to me.
53 years ago today I accepted that truth into my life and I have found it so.
Charlotte Elliot felt like there was nothing she had to offer because she was unable to move about.
Her minister came to her and convinced her that Jesus accepted her just as she was. She wrote these words.
Just as I am, without one plea
Aut that thy blood was shed for me
And that thou bidst me come to thee
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot
To thee whose blood can cleanse each spot
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a-conflict, many a-doubt
Fightings and fears within, without
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind
Sight, riches, healing of the mind
Yea, all I need in thee to find
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
Just as I am, thou wilt receive
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve
Because thy promise I believe
O Lamb of God, I come, I come
Just as I am, thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down
Now, to be thine, yea thine alone
O Lamb of God, I come, I come



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see